Battlefield 4 nasty tricks

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
T

Thwizzle

Also, try to set your game settings to match your preferred FPS settings.

Don't know what I am talking about?

Well I have a 60hz monitor so I would like 60+ FPS. Open the command box with the ~ key next to the '1' key.
Typ: perfoverlay.drawfps 1 and it will show your FPS in the top right corner.

I switched from low settings to a custom settings with some Ultra settings and still reach 60-80 fps now.

N

NE0

I use V Sync to stick to 60 fps. I can;t stand screen tearing when you turn quickly and the screen splits in half , happens all time if i don't sync. Surely having a FPS that fluctuates constantly between 60-100 and comes with screen tearing is more detrimental to aiming than having a V Sync 60 that is Consistent (people say that cause input lag). I like having consistentsy anyway.
Im playing Ultra textures and the rest settings medium/high.

1 December 2013
Croatia
It's better to use ;
gametime.maxvariablefps 60 ( you can do it ingame too)
You can set it in your user.cfg file inside battlefield 4 folder mate.
V-Sync is an absolute trash and causes just too much input lag.

N

NE0

Thanks Quantum so its better to disable v sync in the game option and enable it in the config notepad? I will try this later. I did try it on the nvidia panel before but it didnt work very well and felt laggier than in game sync.

N

NE0

tried it and it didn't work. Forcing the 60 fps in a user.cfg was very glitchy and a bit trippy, the backgrounds would wobble occasionally and I could literally feel the input lag. Also tried it in Nvidia control panel and it wasnt a clean v sync, there was still some judders and tears. In game Vsync works the most smoothly on this game for me.

N

NE0

I had to make one it did work because i made it display fps as well. Save a text file as user.cfg in ur Bf4 folder.Anyway forcing the FPS in there looked dodgy.

N

NE0

Go to your battlefield 4 folder. so that would be program file/ origin game/ battlefield 4. To know its the correct folder it should be the same folder as Battlefield .exe files (the launch files with the BF4 Logo on them).
Create a new text file (notepad symbol).
Write the parameters you want in the file. eg. " Perf Overlay Draw FPS=1" (this is to show your FPS and will check if the config file worked)
Press Save As. in the lower drop down box choose 'All File types'. You can then save it as a .cfg instead of a notepad file
(just make sure you save it as "user.cfg" as the save name the .cfg should then change it from a notepad file to a config cfg , if done correctly it will have a settings cog symbol instead of a notepad symbol). You can test if it works by launching the game, and if it shows the FPS in the top right it has worked.