• Welcome to talkGEEK!

talkGEEK is community for discussing and sharing geeky interests.

If you are new to the site you can register by clicking here. By registering you can view the site without adverts, make posts and do so much more.

If you would like to know more about us, please visit the information section.

Tesla

Brunlea

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting video from Bjørn Nyland showing how the door sensors on the Tesla Model X work when faced with food (and a foot):

MBK

Registered
Reaction score
oh if only I had the money, the tech that goes into Tesla cars is just unreal compared to the rest of the market at the moment. OK bad play marketing "smart" cruise control as Autopilot, but most of their ideas are sound

I would like the battery swap platform to become a thing as my main peeve with electric cars is recharge time vs ICE, range is about there on the larger Tesla's now. Unfortunately that requires standardised tech, which the motor industry will not get behind for a long time. Ironic given the motor industry only functions due to standardisation.

I just hope things like Tesla and SpaceX actually become viable business' though as they are running at comical losses at the moment. Without Musk there's only really China throwing big money at "future" technologies.

Brunlea

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit that the Model X has taken my fancy. It looks very nice when customized, and the interior options are just amazeballs!

MBK

Registered
Reaction score
Seen Tesla's take on solar panels? That plus their house battery tech could be a neat way of supplying genuinely practical solar energy.

Also if they can make solar panels smaller/lighter/less ugly, be neat to see if they could integrate them into the cars as a range extender technology.

Brunlea

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO there's no other reason why solar panels can't be integrated into anything new and old these days apart from that it would cause chaos with the fossil fuel providers and global economies. We are being drip-fed new technology to give the NWO time to adapt :cool: Even a small wind turbine on the roof can give enough power and charge batteries.

Solar panels can be 'hidden' these days so they look like tiles, walls, etc. and are quite effective.

MBK

Registered
Reaction score
The thing that needs to catch up is storage technology, which thankfully companies now seem to be on board with. People seem to think once Musk's new mega factory is up and running we will see rapid increases in the capacity, recharge, discharge and density of battery technology.

The green lobby just dont like this aspect of renewable energy (ie the bit that makes it useful) as there is nothing green about the crap that goes into making a useful battery.

Top Bottom